Flamingo Watching at Thane Creek!!
Every year thousands of flamingos fly from Kutch in Gujarat and stay in Mumbai for around six months. They arrive in November and leave by June, but the best time to see them is from January to May. Flamingoes can be seen in maximum numbers during these months. Bhandup Wetlands is one of the 6 wetlands identified as an ecologically sensitive zone of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. Wintering ground to many migratory duck species like Norther Shoveler, Common Teal, Gadwal, Eurasian Wigeon, Northern Pintail & Ruddy Shelducks. Many Waders species like Redshanks, Greenshanks, Sandpipers, stilts, Avocets, etc. can be seen foraging in mudflats in really good numbers. The major attraction is to watch Flamingoes from up close distance.
With all the exciting coastal views and glittering skyline, the tinsel town throws in plenty of attractions for travelers. But this flamingo safari in Mumbai is the perfect dose of awesomeness for everyone looking for a secluded slip in the bustling city.
The above action-packed Safari is going to cover the following Important Points:
- Importance of Mangrove Habitat.
- Beautiful view of Flamingos from a close distance.
- Good Photography Opportunities of Flamingos.
- Understanding the Migration Pattern of Flamingos.
- Feeding pattern of Flamingos.
This Nature Boat safari will be led by our Wildlife Experts who have experience of more than 10+ years in the field.
Who Should Attend it?
- Anyone who loves spending time in Nature.
- Anyone who loves watching birds.
- Anyone who wishes to watch and photograph flamingos.
- Anyone who loves a peaceful weekend break.
Itinerary in Short:
- Meet our Wildlife Expert at Bhandup Pumping station’s ticket counter.
- Meeting Point (Google Location) – https://goo.gl/maps/oPmqefXRxnNMazTP6
- Introduction- Briefing session.
- Boat safari for 45 mins to observe Flamingos & other water birds
- Trail ends with super rocking sightings of flamingos.
Trail Cost: Rs 1199 Per Person
Date: 24th Februry 2024, 7:00 AM onwards
Please note that our boat ride timings depend on the tide calendar. The exact schedule will be confirmed by our team after a personal call with you. Feel free to reach out to us at 8296055777 to co-ordinate.
- Entry Permit
- Boat Ride for 45 mins
- The core expertise of naturalists from the Wildlife field.
- Car Parking Charges
- Camera Charges
- Anything other than mentioned above.